Using an Oxygen Concentrator Makes Breathing So Much Easier
An oxygen concentrator is a machine used to generate and deliver pure oxygen gas into the lungs of patients with trouble breathing. It is often used as a treatment for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or emphysema.
It works by running oxygen-rich air from the concentrator through tubes into the patient's nose or mouth, and in this way, it helps to keep your lungs healthy. It is completely safe. It has a level of purity that is continuously monitored and contains no toxic chemicals. It is kept in a hospital room or a special spot in your home. It continuously produces oxygen, so it has no potential for fire, explosion, or contamination with any other small gas machine.
Benefits of Using an Oxygen Concentrator
There’s a lot of reasons that oxygen concentrators are superior to other breathing options like air tanks to ensure a patient gets enough oxygen. Some of the benefits include:
- It makes breathing easier for the patient - Allows the patient to breathe more freely. There is almost no restriction regarding how much air you can take in with an oxygen concentrator.
- Ensures that your lungs stay healthy - The pure oxygen it delivers ensures that your lungs stay healthy and free of disease. It helps to prevent lung infections that could be lethal, and it makes breathing easier in general.
- It helps to keep patients alive longer - That is why it has become a very popular item for older patients, especially those who suffer from chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases or emphysema. In this case, it can be used as a replacement for other treatments that involve either inhaling or injecting medications into the body.
- It is safe to use - The oxygen does not contain harmful toxins, bad odors, or colorless and odorless chemicals that are sometimes found in other types of gas. The patient does not need to wear any mask or facemask to be able to use the oxygen concentrator.
- It is easy to use - Unlike other breathing machines and equipment, the oxygen concentrator requires no complicated setup or time-consuming maintenance. It only requires pure, clean air – no extra components or accessories are needed.
- It is extremely quiet - The only noise it produces comes from its fan, but even this noise is not loud enough to disturb anyone in the room. It is also light enough to make it easy for one person to carry and transport.
Portable Oxygen Concentrators
Portable oxygen concentrators are smaller, portable devices that can be transported using a small, detachable cart or holding it in your hand. It usually comes with a carry bag to hold the machine, all of its accessories, and a charger.
Portable oxygen concentrators are ideal for short trips outside the home, such as running errands or going on short vacations. It is also the best option for travelers who need to bring their concentrators on a plane. Many models are compact enough to be placed in a carry-on bag to be used anywhere.
One of the most common portable oxygen concentrators is the Respironics SystemOne by ResMed. The model has several different settings that allow you to customize your treatment and make it more comfortable. This machine is easy to use and maintain and will last several years before requiring a replacement. It is also lightweight, so carrying it becomes easy.
Popular Brands of Oxygen Concentrators
Several brands and types of oxygen concentrators are available on the market today. They come in a variety of different shapes, sizes and prices,
- Invacare Technology - It's a brand that uses pulse flow technology for its oxygen concentrators. It mixes air with oxygen to create more oxygen than possible without the extra air. It also uses a filter to check for impurities and removes them from the gas.
- Respironics - It is a leader in the respiratory therapy industry. It has different models that can be used to treat several different diseases, including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and emphysema. Because of the wide range of conditions it can treat, people from all walks of life use it.
- ResMed - This company is one of the most respected in the industry. It has a wide range of options and accessories, allowing you to find the right one for your needs. This brand is known for its quality and reliability, which is why customers have so well received it.
The oxygen concentrator is a critical part of the medical system. Oxygen concentrators are designed to help people who cannot breathe properly or whose lungs do not function properly. Because they help with breathing and improve lung function, they are widely used in hospitals and home settings.
Health Disclaimer: All articles and graphics on this website are produced for purposes of general information only. This article is not meant to be an alternative to advice from a certified doctor or qualified healthcare provider and shouldn’t be solely relied on as personal health advice. The results may vary from person-to-person from any treatment or advice used from this article.
Yellowise.com strongly recommends to always seek the guidance of a certified doctor or qualified healthcare provider with any questions regarding health or medical issues. The advice and treatment plans should never be disregard from a healthcare professional, or delay seeking it because of this article.
If it is a medical emergency, call a certified doctor, visit the closest hospital, or dial emergency services immediately. Choosing to rely on this article is strictly done at your own risk.